Paris Conference Centers
Dolce Chantilly cares about the environmental problems and has decided to act accordingly in order to limit and reduce its harmful impact, generated by global activities, as much as possible. As such, working environmentally conscious is very important to the Dolce Chantilly team.
We work through a green committee made up of motivated employees resulting from various operational and administrative departments working together to reduce the print carbon of the hotel.
In concrete terms, what does this mean for the different policies within the property of Dolce Chantilly?
- An on-site property "Sustainability Task Force" in charge of proposing and managing green initiatives;
- Participation in local environmental programs and events by staff and the hotel;
- Staff trained specifically to reduce waste, e.g. by printing on double-sided and smaller paper, how to recycle properly, etc.
- A property-wide comprehensive recycling program.
What is our purchasing policy?
In general, the Dolce Chantilly purchasing policy is like this:
- Furniture made from environmentally friendly products, wood from sustainable forests;
- Recycled paper and ink cartridges;
- Energy efficient (EnergyStar) appliances;
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs when applicable;
- Use low-emission, non-toxic paint;
- Carpet and wallpaper made from sustainable and/or recyclable materials;
- Purchasing bulk items (i.e., sugar, butter, cream, jams, jelly, soft drinks, etc.).
With regard to the rooms and suites, this includes:
- Key card lectors automatically switching off lights when guests leave their room;
- Guest option on having bath and bed linens changed;
- Use glass and china for coffee maker and in-room amenities.
What does Dolce Chantilly do to conserve energy within the property?
- Adjust heating and cooling in unoccupied areas and rooms;
- Replacement of ight bulbs into LED lights and installation of motion detector in hallways.
- Include filter changes, coil cleaning, thermostat calibration and damper adjustments in preventative maintenance;
- Stagger equipment start times to reduce demand during peak hours;
- Group passengers for like flight times/airports;
- Hot water production split from cold water;
- Eco-friendly disposal of fats and grease.
What certifications have we been awarded with?
Thanks to our efforts with regard to conserving energy and reducing the print carbon, Dolce Chantilly has been awarded with the Green Star Silver Level of the IACC (International Association of Conference Centers) in 2011!